Let's forget about being on a diet or worrying about eating healthy and just have a little dream about some of the very best food there is out there to eat in Melbourne. With an incredible food scene, amazing bars and market stalls popping up there really is no shortage of great food to eat. Get these 18 things on the list (possibly not all in the one sitting) and get stuck in! Drool alert!
1. Seratonin Dealer - The Nutrition Bomb
A brekkie or lunch punch loaded with roast veggies, kale, house-made hummus, cherry tomatoes. Seriously healthy!
2. Young Green Food - The Rawsagne
Layered zucchini with mushroom, avocado, cashew cream & raw walnut bolognese. Tastes even better than it looks.
3. Hellenic Mastic - Salted Chocolate And Peanut Butter Slices
Where in the world are you going to get a slice of heaven that tastes this good? One of the best things you will ever eat.
4. Lil’ Nomnoms - Belly Porchetta Baos
Not just one of the best food trucks in Melbourne but possibly the entire world too. The crackling on this mixed with the flavours needs to be tasted to be believed.
5. Greek Street Food Truck - Souvlaki
Always on the move so you'll want to keep an eye on their social media to see where they are next. This is one of the greatest things you will ever taste in your life and can cure any hangover within minutes.
6. Doughboys Doughuts - Lime curd, house made torched meringue & lime shortbread crumbs
I mean look this thing is clearly not going to be great for the diet you are on but just look at it!!! Off the charts nice!
7. Grand Trailer Park - The 'Quinntessential'
2 Aussie beef patties, Mac and cheese, prosciutto, maple bacon, McDowell sauce and house made jalapeño and tomato relish on a brioche bun.
8. Sushi Burger - The Classic
Not going to find a burger mixed with sushi very many places in the world and this just fills you with unexpected delight. Good value too.
9. Pillar of Salt - The American Pancakes
I mean look at them!! They are like an actual work of art! Get down here early at the weekends though as the place is busy.
10. Il Dolce Fredo - Frozen Yoghurt With Wild Berries
Huge range of super imaginative flavours here and you could go with any of them but on a hot summer's day nothing beats this.
11. Longhorn Saloon - Surf And Turf
500g rib-eye steak with whole wood-grilled Alaskan king crab leg and as they say themselves best poured with a Bourbon. The stuff of dreams!
12. Kong BBQ - BBQ Short Ribs
Cooking pretty much the best Korean food in town and their beef short ribs just fall off the bone and are dripping in big flavours in every way possible.
13. Stagger Lee's - Steakneggs
Some of the very best cooking in the city and this dish kills is... 250g, grampians grass fed black angus, hand cut chips, fried egg, chimichurri.
14. Smith & Daughters - Reubenstein
The sandwiches in this deli as you can see are BIG! This has pastrami, sauerkraut, cheese, Russian dressing on dark rye.
15. Le Bon Ton - The Smokers Lot
Like to cook an awesome selection of meat here low and slow. The brisket on it's own is incredible but a selection of everything is the way to go.
16. Belle's Hot Chicken - The Hot Chicken
The chicken here is probably the best in town but do get ready to deal with the heat! Sides are also seriously good.
17. Hophaus - Schnitzel And Beer
Couldn't be more classical in the way they serve it and the good news is it would be rude not to come here and have a beer with it.
18. Charlie Dumpling - Ricotta Dumplings
Some of the dumplings they make in here are off the walls (cheeseburger dumplings for example) and these ones are no exception. Served with strawberry sherbet and salted chocolate sorbet. Heaven!