Dubai really is one of the most remarkable places that you'll ever visit on earth – and if you haven't been there yet we thought we'd share 27 photos that would help you realize just how magical the place is becoming.
Not long ago it was nothing more than a small town in the desert, but thanks to an ambitious and grand set of plans it has been put on the map as a top global tourist destination and travel hub. Check out some of the amazing things it has to offer and make up your mind...
1. To start off with, you can get here on an A380 which is the biggest passenger airliner in the world
2. And as soon as your feet hit the ground you'll be in for an action-packed stay
3. But always be reminded at every turn that this is a place packed full of culture too
4. Hopefully you'll be brave enough to try the crazy slides at the Atlantis water park
5. Or enjoy one of the many amazing sporting events like the Dubai sevens rugby
6. But with thousands of swimming pools you'll always find somewhere nice to relax with a cocktail
7. And this is the perfect place to bring a loved one for a romantic getaway.
8. Some of the world's best chefs ply their trade here – and Friday brunch is not to be missed
9. Or you could spend the time shopping in the Dubai Mall; the biggest in the world
10. Or watching the fish and sea life float past in this insanely huge aquarium
11. But to really understand the geography of Dubai you'll have to take to the sky to see the Palm
12. Or find a skyline view to observe this incredible city at night time
13. Which can only be topped by adding in fireworks. New Year is an especially good time to see them!
14. Or you could go and see the world's richest horse race...The Dubai World Cup
15. Maybe escape the busy city to float slowly over the desert
16. Of course, you'll want to see the worlds tallest building coming in at a whopping 828m
17. It's a place with all sorts of cultures, where there's always something being celebrated
18. And just in case you fancied skiing while it's 37c outside... yeah, you can do that here
19. Even the animals are super-friendly here
20. While the crown prince himself gets involved and does stuff like this
21. And because of the heat, you'll never be short of ice cream to cool you down...
22. There's no better place in the world to rest and to be pampered
23. And it's also an incredible place to get 18 holes of golf in
24. And check out (or check into) the majestic world-class hotels...
25. ...which even have underwater rooms
26. The locals will welcome you with open arms
27. But most of all, nothing beats a sunset in Dubai – which you'll see pretty much every single day of the year because of the utterly sublime weather
All images are via Visit Dubai