Today is set to be the hottest day of the year, and with temperatures soaring to an unprecedented 30 degrees, the whole nation has gone into shock.
One of the shocked is RTÉ weather woman Joanna Donnelly, who yesterday put up this tweet:
According to this, the hottest areas of the country today will be as follows:
- Dublin City Centre, reaching 26-29°
- North Kildare, reaching 27-30°
- Trim, County Meath reaching 28-30°
- Nenagh, County Tipperary reaching 28-30°
- Athlone, County Westmeath reaching 29-30°
Coastal areas will receive some welcome sea breeze, cooling them down significantly, but it's the midlands who will see, feel and attempt to live through the highest temperatures of the heatwave we're currently experiencing.