Social media is a massive part of all our lives these days. Whether it's Facebook, Twitter, Insta or Snapchat a good percentage of Irish society spends most of their say scrolling through news feeds and posting pics.
Of course, to keep everything in order their has to be some rules. Here are our 13 commandments for using social media in Ireland.
1. Thou shall post a pic of a pint at Dublin Airport
Even if it's 7am. Don't worry, you don't have to drink it.
2. Thou shall post pics from every single piss-up
So everyone knows you're great craic.
3. Thou shall only wish 'happy birthday' to certain people
That lad from the J1 who you'll never see again? No. The co-worker you don't like but have to share a desk with? Yes.
4. Thou shall 'like' most if not all Waterford Whispers articles
Sure aren't the gas altogether.
5. Thou shall 'like' all baby pics
Otherwise you hate the baby. Why would you hate a baby?
6. Thou shall document any kind of outdoor activity
Sunday stroll with the hunzos.
— Kevin Mcfeely Photo (@KMcFeelyPhoto) July 9, 2017
7. Thou shall never friend request someone too soon after meeting them
Are you insane?
8. Thou shall not treat Facebook like your diary
Nobody gives a shite about the cat you saw yesterday.
9. Thou shall keep your moaning to yourself
Give it a rest.
10. Thou shall post a poolside pic from your holliers
Along with 'Not a bad Monday!'
11. Thou shall click 'attending' or 'not attending' on every single event
None of your 'maybe' shite.
12. Thou shall never ever post movie or TV spoilers
Some of us might have recorded 'Fair City'.
13. Finally, the golden rule. Thou shall always ask before tagging someone in a photo