The housing crisis has well and truly swept the Irish nation, with prices soaring and the demand for homes well outweighing the supply.
While we love fantasising about luxury homes as much as the next person, it's a sad truth that for the majority of us it's gonna be a serious struggle to get on that housing ladder.
But what if we told you there's a way you could be a homeowner for a mere 20 grand?
Let us introduce to you the concept of this Modular Home in Meath, a one-bed wood cabin style home that's actually pretty decent. And it's up for sale on DoneDeal for just €20,000, a welcome change from the usual house prices.
Here's what you get:
- 1 bed modular home for sale off site.
- Area excluding decking 45x14ft.
- Bedroom (13x12ft) with wardrobe.
- Fully fitted kitchen (13x11ft) including electric hob and fridge freezer.
- Living room (13x12ft) complete with solid oak flooring.
- Tiled entrance hall (7x8ft).
- Main toilet with shower (7x6ft).
- Double-glazed windows and doors, fully insulated
There's a full decking area included too...
Oh, and it can be moved to any site across the country, meaning if you can find the space for it you can literally have your first home anywhere your heart desires.
It's not perfect, but jaysis it's better than shelling out €1,400 a month for rent on a one bed apartment, right?