We know that Tinder has over 50 million users globally but today it has been revealed that over 150,000 people are using the dating app in Ireland alone. When you consider that Twitter is only up at the 700,000 mark that is a serious amount of users swiping left and right looking for the perfect match.
More interesting than the overall user number was some of the stats that came out of the Ipsos MRBU study including...
- Users were split 50/50 male to female
- Only 1 % of users have actually had a hook up in real life as a result of using the app
- 46% of men are likely to swipe right to approve a female
- Women on the other hand are much more picky with just 14% swiping right
- Women spend longer on the site with 8.5 minutes per session versus 7.2 for men
- Over 50% of users are under 25