27 Tweets From Journalists Who Reeeeeeeally Can't Stand Annoying PR People
Just delete the press release and move on
We get a lot of press releases here at Lovin.ie – and sometimes we struggle under the virtual weight of our inboxes.
The same is true for journalists all over the world.
This is why we found the Smug Journo Twitter account so funny. Essentially all the account does is RT journalists from around the world who are complaining about their job... and it's brilliant.
1. This person who probably just suffered a misguided reference to 'Netflix and Chill'
Dear PR ppl: Please visit Urban Dictionary before using modern slang in your emails. You sound like the creepy uncle we all want to avoid.— Holly Ashcom (@hollyb_herself) December 2, 2015
2. This person who knows by now that you can dunk in the dark
Dear PR people: nobody gives a shit about your super bowl tie-in. Ever.— Ryan Craggs (@ryanrcraggs) January 25, 2016
3. This person who has finally said what we've all been thinking
Dear PR flacks,— Tim Fernholz (@TimFernholz) January 15, 2016
Don't send me something that's embargoed until I've, you know, agreed to an embargo.
4. This person who was never yours to lose
Dear PR hack, Don't follow up by asking if I'm "still interested" in your pitch, even though we never talked & I never expressed interest.— John Boitnott (@jboitnott) January 29, 2016
5. This person who just wants you to shut up
Dear #PR rep: I interviewed your source on Friday. No, the piece isn't out yet. Also, you're bordering dangerously on the edge of pushy.— JoAnna Haugen (@joanna_haugen) January 27, 2016
6. This person who knows how Adele's ex feels
Just seen my call log! TWO HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN missed calls!! In ONE day. I could spend all day errday answering my phone, no work!— lucyhedges (@lucyhedges) January 20, 2016
7. This person who just wants to be treated like the unique snowflake he truly is
Dear PR People, if you really want that I consider your content for my blog, at least start your email with a 'Hi Florian' or so...— Florian Buehler (@FMBuehler) January 20, 2016
8. This person who just can't stand to be messed around any more
9. This person who realises that less is more
Not to be a Grinch, but best Holiday Greetings message your PR firm or company could email me right now is nothing. No email = great gift.— Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan) December 21, 2015
10. This person who wants to be loved for who she really is
PR pitch peeve #84: Flattery will get you nowhere - mentioning how much you loved [X thing we covered] then dropping barely related pitch :(— Mary Beth Quirk (@marybethquirk) December 17, 2015
11. This person who knows how Ron Burgundy must have felt
Do you or don't you PR guy? Stop toying with me. pic.twitter.com/FAmm44mS7f— Bryan 👾 Clark (@bryanclark) December 17, 2015
12. This person who hates Wednesdays
I am guaranteed not to respond to a PR email that begins this way pic.twitter.com/QxRPocsORl— melissa cronin (@melissa_cronin) December 16, 2015
13. This person who you really don't want to talk to about blue-sky thinking
Dear PR person: If you use the word 'synergies' at any point in your pitch, I will delete it. Thanks, Dave.— Dave Dean (@driftingkiwi) December 8, 2015
14. This person who is his own man
Because, guess what? If I needed PR people to tell me what to write about, I wouldn't have this job.— Christopher Mims™ (@mims) December 4, 2015
15. This person who takes no prisoners
16. This person who is building a wall
24 PRs blocked so far today. Every single 1 from a stranger who starts their email with the lying obsequious stupidity of "Hope you're well"— amol rajan (@amolrajan) November 18, 2015
17. This person who has better things to do
Dear PR people: I will never come to your webinar— Hayley Campbell (@hayleycampbell) November 12, 2015
18. This person who doesn't appreciate brevity
19. And this person who has just had enough
So many emails, so little substance.— Lix Hewett 🎁 (@LixHewett) November 5, 2015
20. This person who doesn't care about your new job
Right, the next PR person pitching me a 'new hire' as a potential story is off my Christmas card list...— John Hyde (@JohnHyde1982) October 29, 2015
21. This person who has friends in high places
Few things amuse me more than when a PR person emails or calls to offer you an interview with someone you talk to all the time.— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) October 29, 2015
22. This person who never quite got over watching Jaws as a child
Dear PR people: Please stop "circling back." You know who circles back? Sharks realizing they've just swum by blood. See the PR issue there?— Joseph Menn (@josephmenn) October 28, 2015
23. This person who doesn't want to hear about it
Oh, hey! I think I've been added to MORE mailing lists of PRs whose work have no relevance to mine! pic.twitter.com/q0XdWkLMSo— Marie Le Conte (@youngvulgarian) October 23, 2015
24. This person who doesn't need roads
Dear PR folks, pls send more Back to the Future pitches. 42 isn't enough.— Steven Spohn (@stevenspohn) October 21, 2015
25. This person who probably would have been okay without your help
Dear PR people:— Kelly Phillips Erb (@taxgirl) January 12, 2016
Yes, yes, I am aware that tax season is approaching on account of, you know, I write about tax. Thanks.
26. This person with whom you should consider yourself warned
Dear PR agencies if you call me to see if what you emailed me is of interest to me I will be blunt— Reuben Goldberg (@RubyGold) December 2, 2015
27. And finally, this person who gets to the point in a way we all wish PRs would...
I really do not have the patience for PR people today— Vicky (@OwlandAccordion) November 30, 2015