No no, your greedy beady eyes aren't deceiving you - there really is a cheese festival happening today.
It's actually much more than a cheese festival too, as the annual Sheridan's Irish Food Festival hosts the most incredible display of Irish food you will ever see, including over 100 food stalls with everything from farmhouse cheeses to home-baked desserts, wild food preserves to locally milled flour, to butchers, meat curers and cider-makers.
It's taking place at Virginia Road Station in Kells, Co. Meath and will be feeding 100s of peeps until 6pm this evening.
The festival includes:
- Sheridans marquee –showcasing our own products which we have developed in partnership with Irish food producers.
- One-hundred food stalls – buy and sample products, meet the producers. With everything from farmhouse cheeses to home-baked desserts, wild food preserves to locally milled flour, to butchers, meat curers and cider-makers.
- Boyne Valley Food Series Marquee – Our local food producers will be coming together to showcase the great food that the Boyne Valley has to offer.
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner on site with hot and prepared food offerings; including rare breed pig sausages, curries, barbeque grill, crepes and more.
- Free children’s entertainment, live jazz music and traditional fair games.
FAAAAAB. We'll brie you there (#sorrynotsorry).