The effects of climate change might be lost on some politicians but that hasn't stopped the planet's ordinary folks from taking action to protect the future of our children.
This Friday will see thousands of people come together across the world in order to let those in power know that this an issue that won't be forgotten about.
Previous demonstrations have attracted significant attention and no matter where you are in Ireland this Friday, you won't be too far from one.
Here are the locations and times for the Extinction Rebellion rallies taking place around the country:
- Cork: marching from Grand Parade st, 12:00 - 14:00
- Drogheda: Outside St. Peter’s Church, West st, 13:00
- Dublin: Marching from Custom House - Merrion Sq., 13:00 - 14:00
- Dundalk: Market Sq., 12:30 - 15:30
- Ennis: Outside The Height, O’Connell Sq., 9:00
- Galway: Eyre Sq., 13:00 - 15:00
- Kenmare: Outside the Courthouse 9:00 - 13:00
- Limerick: Marching from Arthur’s quay park - City Hall, 13:00
- Navan: Market Sq., 13:00 - 15:00
- Tralee: Outside Tralee Council Houses, 9:00 - 14:00
People are encouraged to take time off work in order to take part, or at least join in on their lunch break. There's sure to be large crowds gathering at each location in order to make one of the most important points in the history of humankind.
This is just the beginning too as Extinction Rebellion Week is due to take place from October 7. More information can be found here.