It's looking like it will be another summer of staycationing for most of us this year, and we aren't complaining!
With this in mind, last week, we asked our Lovin.ie Instagram followers where they plan on taking a road trip to this summer. These were the most popular answers.
This list will give you a plethora of inspiration; you'll want to visit each place!
Book yourself a week off work, and hit up Donegal - these are the best things to do -
- Visit Glenveagh Castle
- Get a surf lesson in Bundoran
- Check out Fanad Lighthouse & Arranmore Lighthouse
- Tick Malin Head off the bucket list
Whether it's surfing in Bundoran or visiting Slieve League to see some of the highest sea cliffs in Europe, there's so much to do and see in Donegal. Our Instagram followers are very active guys and gals, and by the sounds of it, if you're looking for an active staycation - this could be the exact spot for you!
We all love a trip to West Cork! These are the most recommended things to do whilst you're there -
- Visit the colourful town of Kinsale
- Drive through The Caha Pass
- Check out the Baltimore Beacon
- Walk the Gougane Barra Forest Loop
- Brave The Mizen Head Bridge!
Of course there's plenty more to do in Cork, and in West Cork - but these are the top mentioned things that our audience loves to do. Cork has a colourful foodie scene that we definitely recommend checking out.
We've been told these are the must-do's on any staycation to Kerry -
- Visit Dunquin Pier
- Grab an ice cream or fish and chips in Dingle
- Climb Carrauntoohil (It's not for the faint hearted!)
- Take in the views of The Three Sisters
- Walk (some) of The Gap of Dunloe
It's not called The Kingdom for no reason; seriously stunning views and incredible walks, coupled with a fun night life in spots like Killarney and Dingle and of course a delicious foodie scene. Get down to Kerry if you can - it is staycation a gem that shouldn't be missed!
According to our Instagram followers, these are Galway's must visit spots -
- Galway City
- Connemara National Park
- Dog's Bay & Gurteen Bay
- The Sky Road, Clifden
- See the beach-cows in Ballyconneely!
If you're into the culture and city vibes, we all know that Galway City (in particular in and around Shop Street) is the perfect place to take a seat, have a drink and watch the world go by. But that's not all that Galway has to offer! Connemara is home to some of Ireland's most beautiful beaches; from your pictures you pals will think you're in the Caribbean, although we can't guarantee the temperature will match!!
There's so much to do in Wexford, but these were the top mentioned must try activities -
- Visit Hook Head Lighthouse
- The Irish National Heritage Park
- Dunbrody Famine Ship
- Spend a day on the Curracloe or Rosslare Beach
Breathe in the fresh sea-air on the coast, or head slightly inward for a bit of grub and a few drinks. Wexford is a solid reminder of those 1990's summer holidays as a child, and it still hasn't lost it's charm.
- Spot the basking sharks at Keem Bay
- Achill Island Sea Salt Visitor's Centre
- Climb Mount Croaghaun
Off the coast of County Mayo, Achill Island is one of the most idyllic places on the whole island of Ireland to visit. Although the island might be small, it offers some of the most beautiful views and incredible scenery. Have you ever been?
Lead Image via Instagram/upintheeire and Instagram/jacksdxb (via Lovin.ie)