Close

Follow Lovin IE

A Donegal Man Has Died After His Television Exploded At His Home

By Sarah

April 4, 2018 at 4:58pm

Share:

A 60-year-old man has died in Donegal after an accident occurred at his home in which his television exploded, The Irish Independent reports. 

An investigation is underway after details emerged that the man, who was a farmer in the Raphoe area of Donegal and lived alone, was watching television alone on Monday evening when his television exploded and caught fire. 

He has been named locally as Wilson McGirr. He reportedly managed to carry the television outside onto the street amid fears it would set fire to his home and managed to call to neighbours before collapsing at his house. 

It's understood that Mr McGirr may have had heart complications as well as inhaling smoke from the incident. Neighbours performed CPR before an ambulance brought him to hospital in a critical condition. 

Mr McGirr passed away however, early this morning and a post-mortem is due to take place. 

Share:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get the best of your city straight to your inbox.

I'd like to receive news and exclusive offers from Lovin IE including competitions, products, commercial partners and activities. By submitting this form you agree to our T&Cs and our privacy policy