Close

Follow Lovin IE

  • Home /

  • News /

  • A Nine Year Old Boy Is In Hospital After A Bonfire Accident

A Nine Year Old Boy Is In Hospital After A Bonfire Accident

By clodagh

May 25, 2017 at 8:43am

Share:

A nine-year-old boy is in hospital in critical condition following an incident at a bonfire in Belfast.

According to the Irish Independent, hazardous and toxic material was dumped on the bonfire, of which the boy came into contact with. 

Shutterstock 276888647

It's believed the material included industrial cleaner for patio and driveways and the boy is said to be receiving treatment for respiratory problems.

The police are investigating where the chemicals came from, and have issued an official warning last night to parents following the incident. 


Share:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get the best of your city straight to your inbox.

I'd like to receive news and exclusive offers from Lovin IE including competitions, products, commercial partners and activities. By submitting this form you agree to our T&Cs and our privacy policy