A recall has been issued for 4,000 Lee Stafford Coco Loco hair straighteners after it was discovered that an electrical fault could cause customers to get electric shocks.
The safety notice was issued by MPL Home, which licenses the Lee Stafford straighteners, after a potential safety hazard with the swivel mains connection of the hair tool was identified.
The Sun reports that in two reported cases, it has failed allowing the mains lead to pull out from the straightener, which could potentially give the customer an electric shock.
The affected straighteners will display the Model Ref: LSHS15 and the Batch Code: 1623 on sale since 2016, which are printed on the rating plate on top of the lower half of the straightener's handle.
Anyone with one of the affected straighteners is urged to stop using it, and to contact the retailer.