One of the biggest events of the year takes place this weekend.
The Bray Airshow sees thousands of people flock to the seaside town to watch the spectacular event and here is everything you need to know.
As so many people attend the event, your best bet is to get public transport. The DART is definitely the easiest but six bus companies pass through Bray: Dublin Bus, Go-Ahead Ireland on behalf of Transport for Ireland, Bus Éireann, Finnegan’s Bray, Aircoach, St. Kevin’s Bus Service to Glendalough.
Road closures will also take place within the town which is another reason to leave the car at home.
Have a look at what roads will close and the times:
Highlights from the event will be:
- A display by a fully electric aircraft that will take off from on top of a Broussard MH1521 aircraft while mid-flight
- Aerobatic superstars The Blades; a team comprised of former Red Arrow pilots, including Kirsty Murphy – the first and only female former Red Arrow pilot who flies alongside her husband Ben
- The spectacular Royal Jordanian Falcons aerobatic team all the way from the West Asian Kingdom
- Jaw dropping, dare-devil displays by Ireland’s Flying Dentist, Eddie Goggins and the UK’s Richard Goodwin
- Drone package delivery display
You can check out the full schedule for both days here.
On top of the Airshow, there will be a food and drink village, a fun fair and if you're feeling frisky you can even take a helicopter ride for just €50. You can find out more about all of this here.