12 Tweets That Show That Irish Mammies Are The Best Things In The World
"I'm starting to think my mother has orchestrated the downfall of the British government in order to get me to move back home"
We Irish have a lot to be thankful for. A neutral country, a generally sound population, and 40 shades of green. But the thing that really makes Ireland hard to leave is the humble Irish mammy.
They feed us, clothe us, and love us even when we're being incredibly annoying. A mammoth task to say the least.
We turned to the good people of Twitter to help us describe what exactly makes mother our dearest.
1. This sound piece of advice
2. The ways they show you that you're always a child to them
3. This serious case of international love
I'm starting to think my mother has orchestrated the downfall of the British government in order to get me to move back home #IrishMammies— Brona C Titley (@bronactitley) July 11, 2016
4. The reminder that tough love is real love
Just heard a mother on Henry Street: "Well, you wouldn't be much use in the Easter Rising, crying over a balloon."— Daryl F Xanax (@K__McGee) July 7, 2016
5. Keeping you clean by any means necessary
6. For they hold the key to economic greatness
7. The stress of letting you down is almost too much
8. They keep your moral compass pointing straight
Even when you don't want it to.
9. They'll rid you of notions fairly lively
10. They're the international ambassadors for real talk
Quote of the week.. "I've never heard of a sandwich without butter" #irishmammies— Eva Corbett (@CorbettEva) December 17, 2015
11. They're as patriotic as they come
12. And they won't let anybody stand in their way
-it's broke.— aoife-grace moore. (@aoifegracemoore) September 23, 2015
-what's wrong with it?
-it's a bastard.#irishmammies fixing the TV.