18 Tweets About The CAO That Will Make You Feel Things
''Anyone who didn't get offers today don't worry, I got a 9th round offer for my first choice a month later #CAO2016''
The CAO rounds off a year-long state of panic for those who have just finished the Leaving Cert. Tears, hugs and texts from Granny should be expected throughout the day, along with a side of relief, exhaustion and stationery shopping.
But whether you're cheering or weeping today, there's a lot to think about. We feel these thoughts were best expressed via the people of Twitter, i.e. the demi-Gods of our nation.
Read on for comfort, kindness and the personal touch.
1. Remember not to panic
Even though your body is shaking with feelings.
Remember, if you didn't get your 1st choice in the #CAO2016, don't worry about it. I got my 4th choice and I wouldn't change a thing.— Ros Breathnach (@Rossjwalsh) August 22, 2016
2. Everything will (eventually) fall into place
When you get your first choice and have doritos for breakfast #CAO2016— Olivia Nash (@OliviaNashBlog) August 22, 2016
3. Hard chancing pays off
4. Remembering that life goes on
5. And there are ways around everything
6. Plan Bs exist
And are often much more appealing.
Didn't get your #CAO2016 offer? Get a job in Supermacs now and you'll be manager by the time your friends graduate and start working there!— Mallow News (@MallowNews) August 22, 2016
7. But sometimes Plan As can be the best things in the world
I keep remembering that I'm going to be doing my absolute dream course and nearly crying hahahaha #CAO2016— laura (@_mynamestaken_) August 22, 2016
8. And honesty is always the best policy anyway
Will everyone updating their FB status on the college they're starting into in September pls include their course too I'm v nosy #CAO2016— claire (@Clayuur_) August 22, 2016
9. But just because you're not happy right now
Doesn't mean you won't be happy forever.
10. And minding yourself, regardless of outcome, is always important
got my first choice, now to repair the emotional and physical damage that the leaving cert has caused #CAO2016— emma (@gowlcentral) August 22, 2016
11. Not to forget the important facts
12. What's for you won't pass you
13. You do you
All fab young people making college choices, make your decision not just academically, but also what edifies & inspires your life. #CAO2016— Bernadette Phillips (@BPhillipsWriter) August 22, 2016
14. You're all deadly for even getting through the whole ordeal
To LC students: you're deadly and lucky and so much better than a number on a page. P.S. Adults still don't know what they're doing either x— Kate Demolder (@katedemolder) August 17, 2016
15. So celebrate coming out the other side in one piece, regardless of points
Because it ain't easy.
16. Thank those who helped you along the way
17. So dry your eyes kids, the whole world is yours for the taking
Even if your #CAO2016 doesn't work out. There are many other options available 🙌— Aaron (@IsMiseAaron) August 22, 2016