21 Things That Will Get Us Ridiculously Excited In The Build Up To Christmas
Tis the season to be jolly - and eat yourself into a coma
Ok, so it's true that Christmas starts encroaching earlier and earlier every year.
And we definitely don't agree with festive ads hitting our screens before Halloween is even over.
But it's officially November and the Grafton Street lights have been switched on, so it's officially ok to start getting excited now.
The build-up to the big man's arrival is easily the best time of year, and here's the list of things that will get us seriously excited as we count down the days.
1) Selection boxes arriving in shops
Credit: Shutterstock/Craig Russell
2) The fact that it's dark when you get home from work
3) The horrifically cold weather... and our prayers for snow
4) The Coca-Cola advert
5) Christmas shopping
6) The first old person to say "you'd break your neck out there"
Credit: Shutterstock/Benoit Daoust
7) The Christmas lights getting turned on in your town
Credit: Shutterstock/Lukas Gojda
8) The tree going up in your house
Credit: Shutterstock/ Sean Locke
9) The star going on the tree
10) The first time you hear Fairytale of New York
11) When your best friend comes home from Australia by surprise
12) When the family gets the first tin of sweets
Credit: Shutterstock/Antony McAulay
13) And there's nothing but Bounties the next day...
14) The office party
15) Buying your Christmas jumper
Credit: Shutterstock/Monkey Business Images
16) Ruining your Christmas jumper on the twelve pubs
17) Six snowflakes has everyone like...
18) Christmas films on the box
19) THE TOY SHOW, AHHHH
20) The Father Ted Christmas Special. Again.
21) Raiding the presents on Christmas Eve
READ NEXT: You Can Now Get Gin Advent Calendars For This Christmas
Should the media openly pick sides in the Eighth Referendum? Listen to this week's episode of Before Brunch below. Subscribe here