13 Hilarious, Heartwarming And Completely Mortifying Times That Ireland Went Viral
But they still make you proud to be Irish
1. When the priest sang Hallelujah
Newly married Chris and Leah got the surprise of their life when the priest who married them sang Hallelujah.
They also got quite a surprise when the video when viral on YouTube and got over 50 million hits.
2. When the taxi driver danced with the woman
The driver and the dancing woman seemed to be having the absolute craic in this hilarious clip!
And it was to Daft Punk's Get Lucky. Sound of the summer, anyone?
3. When the O' Donovan brothers won the Olympic silver medal
A recent gem but we don't think it will ever get old.
Keep doing you, boys!
4. When the New Orleans Rose was proposed to on stage at the Rose of Tralee
They stole the entire show when boyfriend Kyle got down on one knee and proposed to her.
She actually said "no" a total of 11 times!
5. When Ireland beat Italy at Euro 2016
The entire roof was blown off the stadium.
Our president had a bit of a celebration too. "Oh comhghairdeas, comhghairdeas Éire!"
6. And when we had the soundest fans on the planet
They fixed dented cars, cleaned up after the English fans and serenaded a French fan. They were an international hit!
7. When Teresa Mannion BLEW us away
An absolute whopper of a tune.
8. When the ice bucket challenge went wrong
The ASL Ice Bucket Challenge itself went mega viral.
This poor gal went more viral than others, probably for a reason she's not too happy about...
9. When "you wouldn't be long gettin' frostbit"
Everyone fondly remembers Derry's Ruairí McSorley giving his own take on the freezing weather that battered the country that winter.
10. When Riverdance was seen for the first time
There's not one Irish person who can't recall the famous interval act from the 1994 Eurovision finals.
Flatley and Butler flew across the stage with a grace and style that had never been witnessed before in the history of Irish dancing and my god, did they get a reaction.
11. When Aengus McGhrianna was caught doing his make-up on air
An absolute classic Irish TV blooper was born when newsreader Aengus McGhrianna was caught applying powder to his face before going live on RTÉ.
His reaction is definitely the best part.
12. When the Marriage Equality referendum was passed
The whole world paused for a moment when Ireland became the first country in the world to vote in favour of same-sex marriage.
It was an amazing thing to realise that a country which only decriminalised homosexuality in 1993 had come such a long way in the space of about twenty years.
13. When the Irish Government repealed the Eighth Amendment
Oh no, wait. That hasn't happened yet.
But we live in hope.