Here Are The 12 Most Irish Things To Happen This Week
"Tis yeah, we had like 100 friend requests on the Facebook there"
Ireland may once have been known as the land of saints and scholars but really, in recent years, it has become the land of the sound and the gas.
You guys just keep the good stuff coming, each and every week. In the latest instalment of The Most Irish Things To Happen This Week, we have bathrobes, goat kings, and incomprehensible accents.
1. The O'Donovan brothers' mother warning off young ones
Protecting her brood like only an Irish mammy could.
2. This classic example of an Irish Summer
NEXT: We'll be chatting to Paul, who is complaining about an incident with a dog peeing on his child on a beach in Waterford last Monday.— Today FM (@todayfm) August 18, 2016
3. The Olympic Council Of Ireland's president Pat Hickey being arrested in Rio
Pictures of Pat Hickey in his dressing gown as he is arrested pic.twitter.com/C8ajN3kvsy— SportsNewsIRELAND (@SportsNewsIRE) August 17, 2016
4. This fine example of fast food
5. This egg-filled vending machine
All aboard the protein eggspress!
6. This brilliant excuse as to why a shop's not open
7. This classic comment after a day of bike-riding
8. A reminder to respect your elders
9. The crowning of the king at this year's Puck Fair
Everybody goat time for that.
10. Everything about this headline
11. This long-awaited declaration from the Rose of Tralee
Causing the masses to scream "FINALLY" in exaltation.
12. And finally, this stellar interview by Ireland's Olympic silver medallists
''He's going on the piss, basically''.