The 13 Most Irish Things To Happen This Week
We are a strange little country, but we're a great one
Even though it's tiny, rainy and not-so-densely populated - we sure know how to pack a punch.
Here are 13 of the most unmistakably Irish things to have happened over the past week.
1. Everything about this photo
The Craobh Chiarain's under-nine camogie team went viral this week with this picture of the girls in their communion dresses in the 'ready for action' pose.
2. This article from The Leinster Leader
Sex, drugs and County Kildare.
3. This string of Irish trending tweets this week
Go home, weather, you're drunk.
4. This Massey Ferguson-based charity event
''May as well do something productive while we're at it''
5. The crime of this 82-year-old
6. This headline
And subheading: 'Family home was sprayed with slurry in the dead of night'
7. An Post proving that they're not any ordinary postal company
By doing this. The dotes.
8. This article on roadside manicures
9. This no-nonsense, eco-friendly mode of transport
For when you've no milk, and the car's getting serviced.
10. This restaurant's attitude to this week's Luas strikes
Rain, despair, and a booze reference.
11. This Irish mammy trying her best
And being the catalyst for something huge.
12. This photo of the Roses and Rosebuds of Waterford
Walking in The St. Patrick's Day parade, no less.
13. And finally, this tweet
Depicting how utterly indecisive we collectively are as a nation.
The nature of Irish 'Lickarsery' and Harry Styles' sexuality... listen to the latest episode of Before Brunch. Subscribe here