The 12 Most Irish Things To Happen This Week
"I seriously just got shushed because the death notices are on the radio"
Irish humour bemuses most, confuses many and baffles few – but it's what keeps us going on gloomy days in the office.
We've done a round up of some of the best examples of this kind of hilarity, it's cheered up us rightly so, and we're hoping that this will do the same for you.
1. Paying it forward with @darachfinnegan
Had a carpenter at my new house last night, 'What do I owe you?'...'Ah sure you can buy me a pint again!' #OnlyInIreland— Darach Ó Fionnagáin (@darachfinnegan) May 12, 2016
2. This insider view of the average pre drinks
3. This picture of Anne Doyle and Enda Kenny hugging
'When Irish eyes are smiling'
4. Brollies on bikes
If you squint your eyes, it's almost like he's swimming.
5. This press release
That we received this week. More information here.
6. These priorities
I seriously just got shushed because the death notices are on the radio #OnlyInIreland— Breige (@rareopalblog) May 10, 2016
'Good drying weather'
8. This lift home from McDonald's
'You going down the road, lad? Deadly, my legs are knackered from peddaling'
9. This genuinely 100% serious address
10. This Luas journey
Everything about it.
11. This attention grabbing advertising technique from Dingle Pale Ale
An Ghaeilge, the sexiest of languages.
12. And this honest 'mistake'
Sure, Nana. Sure.