For those of you who aren't in the know, Twitter is the best place place to get your daily humour fix. And the best part is, is that this fix come from the average person sharing their thoughts.
Irish people are a funny bunch on Twitter, and their efforts haven't gone unnoticed. Behold, the 14 best Irish tweets of the week...
1. The dark side of technology with @JackRFullam
2. Sports with @chrisrdonoghue
— Chris Donoghue (@chrisrdonoghue) April 10, 2016
3. Ego-watch with @PunLovinLad
Mattress Mick having a bit of a Kanye moment https://t.co/I2eTfmnbBP
— Dave Keenan (@PunLovinLad) April 10, 2016
4. Bridging the generation gap with @amyohconnor
Just fist-pumped the air when Lowry got his hole-in-one there because I am your retired Dad.
— ⭐ amy o'connor ⭐ (@amyohconnor) April 10, 2016
5. Expectation vs reality with @Harry_Birdboy
When you've gotten a taste of the high life but can only afford the house plonk pic.twitter.com/b0zISyFxQa
— Harry Bear (@Harry_Birdboy) April 12, 2016
6. Falling from grace with @POBHerty
3 stages of the sesh pic.twitter.com/II3czne0S5
— Peter (@POBHerty) April 9, 2016
7. Priorities with @EoinKeane101
— Eoin Keane (@EoinKeane101) April 10, 2016
8. Life imitating art with @GerryMcBride
I got lazy after taking the skin off the first 7 oranges, so I didn't put my best effort into the next one. I'll have to #repealthe8th.
— Gerry McBride (@GerryMcBride) April 10, 2016
9. OMG what are you like? with @mormonhouse
My dog, my boyfriend and I just went for a walk, we are so in love, especially my boyfriend & I haha stop kissing me i'm trying to twe-
— emma flynn (@mormonhorse) April 10, 2016
10. Real talk with @andgoseek
What's the deal with people being younger than me? Seems wrong
— Foofy Hyde (@andgoseek) April 11, 2016
11. Modern families with @zozimus
Just me and the cat! I chortled to Census Lady. 'Oh it's not for cats!' she chided. 'Get off my property' I replied.
— Marty (@zozimus) April 9, 2016
12. The important questions with @1916forever
13. Self-restraint with @AidanCoughlan
Total Eclipse of the Heart playing in the cafe I'm in. Cannot process this level of fist-clenching power emotion in daylight. May expire.
— Aidan (@AidanCoughlan) April 7, 2016
14. And finally, peak Ireland with @HateChrisGreene
I WOULDN'T USUALLY DO THIS BUT LOOK AT THIS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS CONVERSATION I HAD WITH MY IRISH MAMMY VIA TEXT pic.twitter.com/mSw9WK4bU8
— Chris Greene (@HateChrisGreene) April 6, 2016