The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) revealed at the start of April that six Irish businesses were served with closure orders for breaches of food safety legislation for the month of March.
The businesses were located in Dublin (4) and Louth (2) and they were:
- Aladdins Cave, Montessori School and Creche, Stoney Lane, Ardee, Louth
- SM Cuisine Limited T/A Dera, 138 Parnell Street, Dublin 1
- Hab Foods Limited t/a Haji Baba (Closed Area: Black container unit located adjacent to the main building), Unit 20 Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate, Ballyfermot Road Ballyfermot, Dublin 10
- Paparazzi, 35 Main St Ongar, Dublin 15
- Oche Takeaway, Unit 5, Tallaght Retail Centre High Street Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Panda House, 43 Barrack Street Dundalk, Louth.
On Monday morning, the reasons behind the closures were revealed by the FSAI and these included:
Aladdins Cave - Rodent faeces found leading to serious public health. Rodent infestation found in: Baby room, Pre-school room, nappy changing areas as well as other areas. More information can be found here on that closure.
SM Cuisine Limited T/A Dera - Live cockroaches in staff toilet and cold room while a dead cockroach was in the prep area and fridge. Fresh rat droppings also found in kitchen area. More information can be found here on that closure.
Hab Foods Limited t/a Haji Baba - Large quantities of dried on blood splatters on the wall. General dirty areas which were likely to come into contact with food. There was a large amount of dried-on excrement on the toilet bowl and rims. More information on that closure can be found here.
Paparazzi - Standard of cleaning and hygiene around the establishment was very poor. No evidence of monitoring for pests control. Raw food was unlabeled and not covered in fridge. More information can be found here.
Oche Takeaway - The foodstuffs and ingredients were stored in dirty containers. Grime was evident at the wall to floor junctions. A thick accumulation of grease was observed at the wall and floor behind the cooking equipment. The shelving in the under counter fridges were coated in grease and dirt. More information can be found here.
Panda House - Evidence of rodent activity was found in the main food preparation area, cooking and service area. More information can be found here.
READ NEXT: Move Over Red: Black Wine Is Now A Thing