The Sun reports that Gardaí are on the hunt for a convicted Irish sex offender who has vanished.
A bench warrant for the arrest of Joseph O'Brien was issued on Friday at Ennis District Court.
Gardaí say that he has a "high risk of re-offending."
The sex offender received a six month jail sentence in October 2003 for the indecent assault of a female minor and just last month, he was in court again after he failed to notify Gardaí about an address change.
“In many cases, one tends to see a decline in offending behaviour and severity. What is very concerning is that Mr O’Brien is 62 years of age and the risk assessment places Mr O’Brien in the ‘high risk’ category for sexual and very high risk category for non sexual offences," said Judge Durcan.
The sex offender's disappearance without notifying the Gardaí is a breach of the conditions attached to the suspended four month jail term that he currently has.
Gardaí searched two addresses in the Roscommon area that are known to them but he wasn't at either location.
One of the Gardaí said that the last sighting they had of O’Brien was when he checked into a hotel in Roscommon town last weekend under a false name of Noel Fox and stayed there a second night under his own name.