Here Are The 10 Most Popular Songs People Choose For Their Own Funerals
More and more pop songs are being chosen, according to new research
A study has just revealed the top 10 songs that people choose to be played at their funerals, and there are less religious tunes than you'd expect.
Conducted by Co-op Funeralcare, the research revealed that only three of the top 10 songs were hymns, the rest being pop songs.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people across the UK, also found that the Game Of Thrones theme tune is gaining in popularity at funerals and that 42% of adults hope to raise a laugh among the guests at their funeral.
Here are the top 10 most popular songs.
10. 'Unforgettable' by Nat King Cole
9. 'Abide With Me' (hymn)
8. 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' by Eric Idle in Monty Python's Life Of Brian
7. 'All Things Bright And Beautiful' (hymn)
6. 'We'll Meet Again' by Vera Lynn
5. 'The Lord's My Shepherd' (hymn)
4. 'Wind Beneath My Wings' by Bette Midler
3. 'Over The Rainbow' by Eva Cassidy
2. 'Time To Say Goodbye' by Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bochelli/Katherine Jenkins
1. 'My Way' by Frank Sinatra
What would your song choice be? Let us know in the comments.