Pat Kenny has said that it is only a matter of time before George Hook retires and has suggested that it could happen before the end of 2018.
The sports pundit hosted The Right Hook on Newstalk but was suspended in September 2017 after comments he made about a sexual assault.
After his suspension, Hook was reinstated by the radio station but instead of hosting a daily weekday show, he is now only in the hot seat for a show once a week every Saturday.
However, the former Late Late Show anchor, who works at the same radio station as Hook, said that he deserved to be brought back after such a long career but that his re-appointment won't last too long.
Speaking to The Irish Daily Star, Kenny said:
"The manner of his going off air in 2017 after such a long career... George hasn't had it easy in terms of going bankrupt and all the rest, to my mind it would've been terribly sad if George had've ended his career in the way his parting at the end of the last year was.
"I think that the coming back - if only for a relatively short time - and doing one programme a week is the least we can do for George."
These comments come a week after Hook got into hot water online after controversial quotes he made on his Twitter account about a Facist leader.