Workers at nine Irish Tesco branches are set to go on strike from next Tuesday, February 14.
Mandate Trade Union announced the move earlier today, claiming that workers who have been at the company since 1996 are being asked to sign contracts for up to 15% less pay.
A spokesperson for Tesco Ireland told TheJournal.ie that the company had “exhausted the State industrial relations process” during the long-running dispute.
So, if you tend to pick up your Valentine's flowers in your local Tesco at the very last minute, you might want to make other arrangements.
The nine affected branches are as follows:
- Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2
- Ballyfermot Road, Dublin 10
- Vevay Road, Bray, Co Wicklow
- Clearwater Shopping Centre, Finglas, Dublin 11
- Rear Main Street, Deanscurragh, Co Longford
- Navan Town Centre, Co Meath
- O’Connell Street, Abbeyquarter North, Co Sligo
- Manor West Retail Park, Tralee, Co Kerry
- Tullamore Retail Park, Cloncollig, Co Offaly