Nothing beats a good burger and when it comes to high-quality meaty treats, Ireland is completely spoiled for choice. With so much to choose from how will we ever know where to find the best of the best?
That's where the folks over at NationalBurgerDay.ie come in. They wanted to find out where oh where the very best hamburgers in all the land could be found and the good people of Ireland have answered the call.
More than 17,000 people voted for their favourite among more than 500 restaurants — here's who came out on top...
Best Burger In Ireland — The Hungry Moose, Kilkenny
Best National Burger at a:
- Fast Food Chain National: Eddie Rockets
- Fast Food Chain Independent: Matt's Takeaway, Donegal
- Restaurant: Thunder Road Café, Dublin
- Hotel: Woodenbridge Hotel, Wicklow
- Pub: The Cross Pub, Drogheda
- Convenience / Forecourt: Burger King at Applegreen, Dublin
Best Independent Takeaways
- Connaught: Raffaele's, Tubbercurry
- Leinster: Mullen’s, Dundalk
- Munster: Miss Ellies Takeaway, Clonmel
- Ulster: Friars Rest, Letterkenny
- Northern Ireland: The Chippy, Limavaddy
Best Independent Chains
- Connaught: Blue Thunder, Claremorris
- Leinster: Silvio's, Dublin
- Munster: Dooly’s, Waterford
- Ulster: PG Chips, Dungannon
Best Gourmet Burger Specialist
- Connaught: Handsome Burger, Galway
- Leinster: Box Burger, Bray
- Munster: Sun of a Bun, Cork
- Ulster: MeatBox, Castlerock
With the winners covering such a wide area of Ireland it's good to know what we'll never be too far from a delicious patty.
Visit NationalBurgerDay.ie to find out more.