Oh, these just scream 'festive'. Here's how to make these stunning gold-dusted Florentine biscuits this Christmas.
The most wonderful (and tastiest) time of the year is fast approaching and we are excited to get prepped. Do you know what that means? Delicious treats galore!
2020 saw many of us jumping on the baking bandwagon and as Christmas approaches, it's now time to put a festive spin on it! Kerrygold has teamed up with Pastry Chef Shane Smith to bring you some deliciously festive, edible gifts this year. Shane has almost 20 years’ experience in his field & these gifts are sure to be remembered, they will show off all of the new baking skills that you have developed.
Kerrygold has an abundance of delicious seasonal recipe inspiration for all your Christmas cooking and baking needs, check out their website, Kerrygold.com.
To kick things off, we're making some gold-dusted Florentine biscuits.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- 50g Kerrygold butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g plain flour
- 25g chopped goji berries
- 50g chopped candied ginger
- 25g chopped almonds
- 25g chopped pistachios
- 25g chopped dried mango
- 200g melted dark chocolate
- Edible gold spray
Here is the method:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2: Chop up all of the dried fruit and nuts and set aside in a bowl. In a small saucepan, add in the Kerrygold butter, golden syrup, brown sugar and stir over a gentle heat until it has all melted and combined.
- Step 3:To this, add in the flour and beat with a wooden spoon to remove any lumps. Spoon this mixture over the chopped fruit and nuts and mix. Divide the mix into 16, next you can roll these into balls, placing 8 on each tray.
- Step 4:Pop these into the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Once baked, remove and allow to cool on the tray. When cold, remove the biscuits and place on a wire rack.
- Step 5: To decorate, turn the Florentines upside down and on the smooth side, spread on some melted dark chocolate. Once all of the biscuits are decorated with chocolate, using a fork you can pull through the chocolate to create a wavy design. Spray on some edible gold and scatter on a few sprinkles.
If you don't have any dried fruit, you can use whatever alternatives you do have.
We will be bringing you more gorgeous festive recipes from Kerrygold and Shane just like this one, so keep your eyes peeled! For more seasonal recipe inspiration from Kerrygold here.