Aren't these melted snowmen biscuits so darn cute? Here's how to make them at home.
Ready, set, bake! As Christmas gets closer and closer, the festive spirit is building and we are loving it. It's the dose of joy we need this year. I don't know about you, but I think these melted snowmen cookies might be one of the most joyous things I've seen this year, a fun recipe to get the kids involved with!
Kerrygold has teamed up with Pastry Chef Shane Smith to bring us some super festive, edible gifts this year. If there is one type of gift I want to receive this year, it's an edible one.
Kerrygold has an array of tasty Christmas recipe inspiration for all our cooking and baking needs, including these snowmen cookies, which are perfect for baking with your kids! Check out their website, Kerrygold.com.
And without further ado, here's how to make these adorable melted snowmen cookies.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
120g soft Kerrygold butter
50g caster sugar
1 lemon zest
175g plain flour
1 tbsp cold water
- Melting snow
300g Icing sugar
40ml water (approx)
Sprinkles for buttons
- Snowman's nose
10g Kerrygold butter
10g icing sugar
Few drops orange food colouring
- Snowman's head, eyes, mouth & arms
18 large white marshmallows
Melted dark chocolate for eyes, mouth & arms
To create these melted snowmen biscuits, here is the method you'll follow:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2: For the biscuits, in a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until smooth and pale in colour. Add the lemon zest and mix. Finally, add the flour and combine. If the dough is a tad dry, add the water to bind. If the dough is a tad dry, add in some water to bind.
- Step 3: On a floured work surface, roll out the biscuit dough until it's 1cm in thickness. Using an 8cm cutter, cut out 18 biscuits, you may need to roll the trimmings. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Step 4: For the snowman's nose, simply beat the Kerrygold butter, icing and orange colouring until you have a smooth buttercream. Pop it into a small piping bag.
- Step 5: Melt the chocolate and place in a small piping bag and pipe the eyes and mouth on the marshmallow and the buttercream for the nose and set aside to set.
- Step 6: For the melting snow, place the icing sugar in a bowl and add some of the water and keep mixing until you have a smooth icing paste. Spoon this onto each cooled cookie and add three sprinkles for buttons.
- Step 7: Pop the marshmallow head on top of the still wet icing and pipe on the chocolate arms. Allow them to set before serving. Enjoy!
These melted snowmen biscuits are just one of many festive recipes from Kerrygold that we'll be showcasing. To find out how to make this unreal Hazelnut Toffee Buttercrunch, head here (LINK WHEN LIVE).
For more seasonal recipe inspiration from Kerrygold, click here.