Your daily commute often feels like an extension of your workday.
The morning journey might be a stressful one with the prospect of a hectic day ahead and the journey home can be miserable as you process the events of the day — which isn't a great state of mind to be in, I think you'll agree.
Instead, why not try and use this time to disconnect from your anxieties by embracing all the little random questions that pop into your head?
Since Cadbury Twirl is bringing its Take Ten With Twirl pop-up on tour around Ireland this August — which invites members of the public to come chill out on a bean bag, place their phone in a signal-blocking pouch and write their thoughts in a notebook while enjoying a hot drink with a Twirl — we've decided that today we're going to look at a few of the questions that you should be pondering on your next commute...
1. What is a hiccup, anyway?
It's not quite a sneeze, it's not quite a cough, and you feel pretty damn stupid when you do it.
2. How does traffic even happen?
Surely we can all just keep driving and it'd be grand?
3. Why do they call it "chilli" when it's actually crazy hot?
Food with misleading names should be illegal.
4. Isn't the "old you" really the young you?
What a terribly confusing expression.
5. "Why would ANYONE eat hot food on public transport?"
That's one way to guarantee your fellow passengers' undying hatred.
6. When they made the first clock, how did they know what time it was?
Bet they just made it up and we've all been living a lie for centuries.
7. In the word "scent" which letter is silent: S or C?
Okay this one makes my brain hurt.
8. Can you daydream at night?
I think they might just call that dreaming.
9. How many people will we meet in our lifetime?
And should we start counting?
10. Why don't ducks' quacks echo?
It's one of the many reasons we're convinced those birds cannot be trusted.
To ponder all these questions and more while not commuting, you should check out Take Ten With Twirl at Mahon Point Shopping Centre, Cork on Saturday August 4, Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, Dublin on August 18 or Eyre Square Shopping Centre, Galway on August 25.