Growing up, family holidays in the Aran Islands certainly seemed a lot less glamorous your best mate’s trip to Torremolinos, but with age, so too comes wisdom, and now we all realise that there’s something very special about the Aran Islands.
They’re one of the last glimpses of old rural Ireland; one of the only ways to totally get away from it all, phone signal and all.
Don’t believe us? Take a look…
1. This is what your lunch time views look like
2. The skies there are the dreamiest shade of blue
3. Except when they’re filled with fiery passion
You know, no big deal.
4. And clouds are fluffier than marshmallows on the Aran Islands
5. Every scene looks like a postcard
6. Or a step back in time
And you get a real glimpse at living history.
7. The neighbours are sound
8. And the houses are beautiful
Not bad, like.
9. Sunsets look like this
IT’S LIKE THE LION KING!
10. And you can spot dolphins at every turn
11. And you’re not fully sure if you’re in a dream or a nightmare
12. The possibilities are endless on the Islands
So much room for activities!
13. No, really, The Lion King was surely filmed here
Simba, dat you?
14. The sun is actually made of gold
15. Simple walks are life changing
16. Beaches are like nothing you’ve ever seen before
17. And upon arriving on the Islands, you’ll wonder why you’d ever, ever leave…
We Sat Down For An AMA This Week With Irish Lifestyle And Fitness Legend, Rob Lipsett…