The German passport has officially been ranked as the most powerful passport to travel with this year, according to the Henley Passport Index.
The global ranking considers how many countries the passport from 199 countries will allow you to travel to without getting a visa.
According to the research, German passport holders can travel to a total of 177 countries without a visa.
Irish passports placed in fifth place alongside passports from South Korea, Portugal and the United States ,all of which you can travel to 173 countries without a visa.
The most powerful passports are as follows:
1. Germany (177 countries can be visited without a visa)
2. Singapore (176)
3. Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Japan, Norway, Sweden, UK (175)
4. Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland (174)
5. Ireland, South Korea, Portugal, United States (173)
6. Canada (172)
7. Australia, Greece, New Zealand (171)
8. Czech Republic, Iceland (170)
9. Malta (169)
10. Hungary (168)