8 Easy Tips For Doing Vegas On The Cheap
Because all of your money isn't the only thing that should stay in Vegas.
Vegas can be an expensive place. Between hotels, flights, drinks and let's not even mention the gambling and other things you'll be throwing dollar bills at. However it doesn't need to be as expensive as you'd expect, with just a few tricks up your sleeve you can do Vegas on the cheap.
1. Don’t buy alcohol — it’s free.
When you're gambling (even playing the slots) cocktails are free. Just make sure to tip your waiter or waitress or they probably won't come back to you again. Even just $1 or $2 should keep them coming back to you as you sit and gamble.
2. When gambling, bring out only what you want to spend for the day.
For the love of god leave your debit card back in your hotel room in the safe. There is nothing more dangerous than you with a few drinks in you and a debit card on the casino floor.
3. Go during the slow season: July, August, and mid-December are best.
Yes, Vegas has a slow season - who would have thought, eh? But they do and July, August and mid-December seem to be the quietest and cheapest times for flights and hotels.
4. Always compare your options when booking a hotel.
5. Speaking of hotels. Don’t rule out staying in a suite! If you split it with friends, it can actually be relatively affordable.
While it may be a bit more expensive than a normal room, most suites can fit about 6+ people. So why not do the The Hangover style and get yourself and your friends/family a suite and all split the cost. It may actually work out cheaper in the end especially with all the bonuses that a suite comes with.
6. Stop by the Tix4Tonight booth to get major discounts.
7. Go to a brunch buffet. They’re cheaper than dinner buffets and often include some kind of alcoholic beverage.
A lot of them start around 11am, and let's face it - you won't be up and out of bed until that time anyway with your hangover from the night before.
8. And check Smarter Vegas for special promo codes before you make your final decision.
The nature of Irish 'Lickarsery' and Harry Styles' sexuality... listen to the latest episode of Before Brunch. Subscribe here