Close

Follow Lovin IE

A Man Tragically Died In A House Fire Last Night

By Alana Laverty

March 25, 2017 at 9:45am

Share:

A man in his 50s has died following a house fire in Armagh city.

Emergency crews were called to the scene at Culdee Drive at 8.40pm last night, according to BBC News

Five units from the Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service attended the scene. 

Multiple valiant attempts were made by family members to rescue the man, who was trapped in an upstairs room in his family home. 

Ambulance services treated two people for smoke and fume inhalation at the scene. 

READ NEXT: Cork And Dublin Students To Make History By Making Contact With Astronaut In Space

Share:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get the best of your city straight to your inbox.

I'd like to receive news and exclusive offers from Lovin IE including competitions, products, commercial partners and activities. By submitting this form you agree to our T&Cs and our privacy policy