We're used to food stalls, food tents, food trucks, food vans... but food horse boxes?!
Now that's a new one.
And, in our opinion, a pretty cool one.
In celebration of Ireland’s emerging food scene and increasing appreciation of – and reputation for – good food, Kildare Village has announced the launch of a new and dynamic Irish food offering in recently restored horse box units.
They're owned by Irish food and drink entrepreneur Domini Kemp of Joe’s Coffee and Alchemy, but there'll be varying guest pop-ups from leading Irish food creatives switching things up.
Here's who and what to expect:
- Present - 30th April: PS Roasters
- Present - 9th July: Luxe Gelato
- 1st May - 7th May: Hatch & Sons
- 8th May - 30th July: Alchemy Juice
- 31st July - 13th August: Mud Bakery
- 31st July - 29th October: Aunty Nelly
- 14th August - 27th August: San Pasqual
- 28th August - 17th September: NYC Soul Snacks
- 18th September - 1st October: Wild Berry Bakery (to share with Hatch & Sons who will return on 11th September - 17th December)
- 6th - 12th November: Luxe Gelato
- 2nd - 29th October: Bean and Goose (to share with Hatch & Sons)
- 30th October - 12th November: Man of Aran Fudge (to share with Hatch & Sons)
- 18th December - 31st December: PS Roasters
These boxes are part of Kildare Village's 'From The Isle' campaign which continuously seeks to weave together diverse threads of Irish talent across fashion, craftsmanship, food, cultural outreach and art.