In these modern times of cut-price Air BnBs and increasingly comfortable hostels, it's easy to forget about the simple charms of a humble bed and breakfast.
Ireland boasts a huge number of B&Bs of various shapes and sizes and the best one in the country was revealed yesterday at the AGM of B&B Ireland.
The winner was revealed as the Joyce family's Springview Farmhouse in Urlingford, Co Kilkenny.
Owner Eileen Joyce told the Irish Independent :
"I would like to thank my guests for their lovely reviews and B&B Ireland for the recognition this award gives to us and our farmhouse."
The awards shortlist was based on reviews posted on bandbireland.com and the winner looks like a pretty decent place to stay. You can find out more about the Joyce home here.
The full list of finalists are as follows:
- An Rosalithir, Rosscarbery, Co Cork
- Bun A Bhaile, Ballyvourney, Cork
- Dromagowlane House, Adrigole, Co Cork
- Sunville House, Ballycotton, Co Cork
- Lis-Ardagh Lodge, Union Hall, Co Cork
- Springview House, Urlingford, Co Kilkenny
- Riversdale Country House, Carndonagh, Co Donegal
- Margaret Elliott, Ocean Breeze, Donegal Town, Co Donegal
- Honeysuckle Cottage, Ballymoney, Co Antrim
(header pic image: Flickr)