Don’t bother trekking off on a flight with your tiny toiletry bottles and overpriced sambo when you can just hop in the car to one of Ireland’s most stunning seaside towns for a relaxing but wild weekend.
Mountain views, fresh seafood, Instagram-worthy cycle routes and the best craic you’ll ever have in a local bar.
Can’t think of where I’m talking about? This magical place is Westport, and you need to get yourself down here at least once in your life, because it’s honestly hands down the best town in Ireland for a weekend away.
Here’s 11 things you will fall in love with while you’re here:
1. The Molloy Brothers
2. Freshly caught seafood
3. Westport House and grounds
4. Breathtaking views of the mountains
5. Strolls on Clew Bay
6. Cycle the Great Western Greenway
7. Jumping in the Atlantic Ocean at Old Head
8. Mosey along the town bridges
9. Pints in The Porterhouse or Matt Molloys
10. Indulge at Knockranny House Hotel & Spa
11. Climb Croagh Patrick
Tick all these things off and you’ll have the best weekend you’ve ever had – promise.
Header image: Westport Bikes 4 Hire