A man has died and two others have been hospitalised after an incident at a mushroom factory in Co. Monaghan, the Irish Mirror is reporting.
At around 8pm on Wednesday night, emergency services were called to the factory in Emyvale after three men began suffering breathing difficulties.
One man was pronounced dead at the scene while the other two were taken to Cavan General Hospital.
A Garda spokesperson said:
"On arrival emergency services found three men unconscious in a silo at the plant.
"One man was pronounced dead at the scene and two others have been removed to Cavan General Hospital. A post mortem examination will take place today September 14th.
"The area is sealed off pending a technical examination by Garda Crime Scene Examiners, The Health and Safety Authority have been notified and are expected at the scene this morning."