If you have pre-ordered a PS5 or an Xbox Series X/S, then this is important information for you.
In the next few weeks, two of the most in-demand Christmas presents will be launching, with the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S due to be launched on Tuesday, November 10, while the PlayStation is set to launch on Thursday, November 19.
Many customers have have pre-ordered the consoles ahead of launch, looking to collect them from the stores when they are released, but with the Level 5 restrictions in place, getting to those stores can be impossible.
Speaking to a spokesperson on Smyths Toy Stores, customers who have pre-ordered the consoles have two options for collection:
- If they live within the 5km radius, they can collect the consoles from the front door of the store (customers won't be allowed inside) using click-and-collect. Or if they don't live within the 5km, they can have someone collect the console for them (informing the store beforehand), but they will need proof of purchase and valid ID for collection.
- Alternatively, Smyths will hold on to the consoles in store for collection on Wednesday, December 2, the day after the Level 5 restrictions are due to be lifted.
Argos' click-and-collect services will be available from all stores that are remaining open during the Level 5 restrictions, with the store stating the following:
"The safety of our customers and colleagues is paramount, and we have made the necessary changes to continue to trade safely whilst offering the best service to our customers. All customers will need to wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser as you enter the store. Between 8:30am and 9:00am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, the store will be dedicated exclusively to serving elderly and medically vulnerable customers.
"We are also following social distancing guidelines and are therefore limiting the number of customers allowed into our stores at any one time. This means you may need to queue before entering."
GameStop have given details of their click-and-collect services, with only some of their stores remaining open for this service. Those stores are as follows:
- Dublin - Blanchardstown, Tallaght, Henry Street & Santry
- Cork - Blackpool & Wilton
- Limerick - William Street
- Wexford Town
- Waterford City
All other stores will be closed, so you will need to contact GameStop directly regarding the pre-order.
READ NEXT: A full list of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X games available at launch