We at Lovin loooove food - I think that that's abundantly clear, given how often we write about it. Any excuse to think about our next meal though. If I'm not eating, I'm either reminiscing about past treats or dreaming about what's to come. My mind is a conveyor belt of food-centric thoughts so please don't be offended if I forget your name but remember what you had for lunch two days ago... this is both a blessing and a curse but we won't get into that here.
Feeding into (food pun - can't stop, won't stop) our grá for all things baked, grilled, fried or otherwise, Derry Girls creator Lisa McGee put an interesting food question to Twitter and well, it's gotten us thinking. Asking what meal from a TV drama or comedy we'd most like to try, I've spent most of this morning trying to narrow down my options. This is what I've come up with so far:
- Monica Gellar's 'moist-maker' Thanksgiving sandwich
- A Krabby Patty - we all want to know what exactly that secret formula is
- Ratatouille - *not* a TV drama or comedy but if it's good enough for Anton Ego then I think it should qualify
- Anything from Luke's Diner in Gilmore Girls, washed down with a cup of his famous coffee. Obvs.
- Scooby Snacks - for when a little extra courage is needed
- Kevin's chilli from The Office... preferably not eaten off the floor though
Taking some liberties in their answers (not all are restricted to just TV shows/series), some of the most mentioned choices amongst Twitter users include Bruce Bogtrotter's chocolate cake, the Big Kahuna Burger from Pulp Fiction and cheesecake from Mama's Little Bakery - a favourite with Rachel and Chandler in Friends.
Sloppy Joe's from sabrina the teenage witch. https://t.co/VkYNkgo9zH
— Lyn 🍫🍵📚 (@lyn_foley) September 5, 2020
I deffo skull one of Carmella’s pastas with a glass of red and then the cheesecake from Mama’s little bakery, Chicago, Illinois out of Friends for dessert 💋 https://t.co/6GX7CTJ5LS
— Kate Gilmore (@_kategilmore) September 6, 2020
A cream horn up Pump Street, of course... https://t.co/bwh3LD7y2R
— 👻Claire Aaaarghhllan 👻 (@ClaireAllan) September 6, 2020
Not a meal but we'll give it to you.
Mrs Doyle's cups of tea pic.twitter.com/8PCM2FRKqf
— Dr Ronan Lee ☘️🐨 (@Ronan_Lee) September 6, 2020
Any you'd care to add to the list?