Fáilte Ireland have published their new guidelines for the hospitality trade that will come into effect when the industry reopens next month.
Outdoor service is scheduled to resume on June 7 and the new guidelines indicate that there will be:
- A maximum of six persons aged 13 or over at each table. The limit does not include children aged 12 or younger
- The total capacity at each table can not exceed 15
- Table service only
- Recommend segmented food and beverage areas to allow for smokers and non-smokers
- Physical distancing of a minimum of 1 metre is required between the outer edges of the party (back of chair to back of chair)
- Premises/outdoor areas must be clear of all patrons by 11.30pm
- Patrons must wear face coverings/masks when circulating around the outdoor dining and serving areas and using indoor facilities. Face coverings/masks mask wearing must be enforced
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times and contact tracing systems must be in place.
Indoor hospitality, for which a date has yet to be confirmed, must adhere the same capacity limits as outdoor service. Contact tracing, ventilation and enhanced hygiene measures must be adhered to.
Multiple tables cannot be booked indoors and parties or social gatherings will be permitted. If physical distancing of just one metre can be met, pre-booked time limited slots must be in place for customers, which are a maximum of 105 minutes duration plus 15 minutes to allow for adequate cleaning.
A full list of Fáilte Ireland guidelines can be found here.
(header pic: Shutterstock)