Ya really can't bate a lovely bowl of Irish stew and a pint of Guinness. Well, to put it more accurately, 46 other dishes from around the world can.
That's right, "Irish Stew and a pint of the black stuff" has come in at number 47 in Lonely Planet's 'Ultimate Eatlist' which ranks the top 500 food experiences from around the globe.
Not only that, there were two other Irish inclusions in the list - black pudding at number 458 and Halloween favourite barmbrack scraping in at number 496.
— Lonely Planet (@lonelyplanet) August 14, 2018
As for the top 10? Here goes...
- Pintxos in San Sebastián, Spain
- Curry laksa in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Sushi in Tokyo, Japan
- Beef brisket in Texas, USA
- Som tum in Bangkok, Thailand
- Smørrebrød in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Crayfish in Kaikoura, New Zealand
- Bibimbap in Seoul, South Korea
- Pizza margherita in Naples, Italy
- Dim sum in Hong Kong
Tastebuds tingling? The full Ultimate Eatlist can be read here...