Snapchat users are cursing the platform's newest update after the company decided to mix people's stories in between private messages.
The new update has been rolled out in a few countries so far such as the UK, Australia and Canada.
The redesign is widely available in these countries and according to Tech Crunch, 83% of App Store reviews (1,941) for the new update are negative and are made up of one or two stars reviews.
The most referenced keywords in the negative reviews include “new update”, “Stories”, and “please fix”.
The company has explained that "it's not possible to revert to a previous version of Snapchat" and have been busy trying to explain to angry users how to use the new update.
The new update mixes Stories - where Snapchat shows ads - into the more popular messaging inbox and the idea was created in order to generate more revenue for Snapchat.
People are not happy one bit about the new update...
The new Snapchat update might make me stop using Snapchat that's how bad it is
— Sash (@sashalane27) January 11, 2018
— KT (@KTsimcik) January 10, 2018
— Traitor who you love (@BellarkeOkurrr) January 10, 2018
The Independent has released a 'how to list' on navigating yourself around the new update.
Some of the new items included in the update are:
- Friends' Stories - Swipe right on camera screen.
- Friends' snaps and messages all appear on one "messy page".
- Stories are no longer ordered chronologically.
- Friends screen ranked on friends who "you keep in touch with most".
- You now swipe left to get to the Discover Screen.
- To see less of a certain type of content on Discover, you can tap and hold a tile and hit “See Less Like This” or “Unsubscribe”.
How would you feel about the new update hitting Ireland?