32 Irish Pubs Have Been Named In Michelin’s ‘Eating Out in Pubs’ Guide For 2017
How has your county gotten on?
32 incredible pubs across the north and south of Ireland have retained their places in Michelin’s latest ‘Eating Out in Pubs’ guide, with no new Irish entries making 2017’s list.
County Down leads the way in terms of the country’s best pub grub, with an impressive six establishments, including The Pheasant in Annahild and the Poacher’s Pocket in Comber.
Lisdoonvarna’s Wild Honey Inn and Toddies at The Bulman in Kinsale have each received an ‘Inspectors’ Favourite’ accolade in the most recent guide.
Guide editor, Rebecca Burr, mentioned that the quality of the fare in many pubs now rival that of restaurants:
We are increasingly witnessing how pubs can provide a platform for young chefs to start their own businesses, and how inventive these chefs can be, particularly when it comes to the sourcing of their ingredients.
- Antrim - Billy Andy’s at Mounthill, near Larne
- Clare - Morrissey’s (Doonbeg), Vaughan’s Anchor Inn (Liscannor), Wild Honey Inn (Lisdoonvarna) and Linnane’s Lobster Bar (New Quay)
- Cork - Mary Ann’s (Castletownshend), Poacher’s Inn (Bandon), Deasy’s (Clonakilty), Cronin’s (Crosshaven) and Toddies at The Bulman (Kinsale)
- Down - Pheasant (Annahilt), Poacher’s Pocket (Comber), Parson’s Nose and Plough Inn (both in Hillsborough) Pier 36 (Donaghadee) and Balloo House (Killinchy)
- Dublin - Old Spot and Chop House (both in Ballsbridge)
- Galway - Moran’s Oyster Cottage (Kilcolgan) and O’Dowd’s (Roundstone)
- Kerry - O’Neill’s Seafood Bar (Caherciveen)
- Kildare - Harte’s (Kildare), Ballymore Inn (Ballymore Eustace) and Fallon’s (Kilcullen)
- Leitrim - Oarsman (Carrick-on-Shannon)
- Louth - Fitzpatricks (Jenkinstown)
- Mayo - The Tavern (Murrisk) and Sheebeen (Westport)
- Sligo Hargadons (Sligo Town)
- Tipperary Larkins (Garrykennedy)
- Wexford - Lobster Pot (Carne)
- Wicklow - Byrne & Woods (Roundwood)
Do you know any pubs that should've gotten the nod? Let us know in the comments.
The nature of Irish 'Lickarsery' and Harry Styles' sexuality... listen to the latest episode of Before Brunch. Subscribe here