An 18-year-old girl from Belfast was taken to hospital after using a counterfeit Kylie Jenner lip product.
Belfast Live reported that Rachael McLaughlin was left struggling to breathe after applying the Kylie Jenner lip kit dupe.
She applied the product, which she had bought on a Facebook buy-and-sell page, on Friday evening before a party, and she soon began to feel unwell.
When she woke up on Saturday morning her face lips were swollen, and she felt her throat closing up.
Rachael's family immediately took her to A&E at Belfast Royal Victoria Hospital, where she was given strong antibiotic cream for her lips and antihistamine.
The teenager told the publication: "It was the scariest experience ever."
"I lost all feeling round the bottom of my face and my lips continued to grow bigger from when I first saw them."
She added: "I couldn't even look at myself and when others looked at me they said I looked like a completely different person."
Rachael's sister Bronagh (21) is warning people not to buy fake products, saying that such products can contain anything from toxins to superglue.
"This could have ended up with a fatality if not treated as soon as it was, this didn’t just affect the lips but also the whole face and closed over the back of her throat."
She added: "Do not buy them."