We might be all grown up now but that minor detail defo won't stop us from hyperventilating over the thoughts of LIVING on an actual Disney cruise ship.
Picture the most magical place on earth and then think about that fact that this magical place sails around exotic islands in the Caribbean.
Disney is currently looking for staff to work on four of their luxury liners, Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and "on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay!" Yeah, best job ever.
The role they need filled is a Youth Activities Counsellor, so you'd be in charge of supervising all children participating in Youth Activities programs, ages 3-17 years, by providing a safe environment so children of all ages will enjoy themselves.
Making sure kids have fun on a Disney cruise ship? Easy peasy!
Here's what you need to have in order to apply for the position:
- Minimum two years recent experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced recreational/camp environment with children
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to command the attention of large groups of children
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live and work onboard one of our vessels for a certain length of time (based on position)
- Be able to work a seven-day, 70-84 hour week with limited time off
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Agree to share a cabin with other crew members
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
Okay okay, so it a mental 80 hour week but with views like this who cares?
You can see more details about the job here. Welcome home...