The 12 Most Irish Things To Happen this Week
Dublinese, budget airlines and Telly Bingo. We have it all.
We may be a small country, but we're a great one. And that is encapsulated so clearly by our intricate sense of humour.
Difficult to explain, and harder to emulate, there's a certain knack to it that we're not even certain of... It's been a good week for our gas personal brand - so check some of these out
1. Not fancying your date because you'd already fallen for the bartender
They provide us with charm, laughter and delicious nectar.
2. This makeshift bus stop
Spotted in Galway.
3. This classic example of Dublinese
4. This politician's rant on climate change
"God above is in charge of the weather and we here can’t do anything about it"
5. And Ryanair's reply to it...
6. This group of hoodlums causing ruckus
Rules are meant to be broken.
7. The new sign in Dublin Airport's Arrivals Hall
8. This important news interruption
9. This terrifying warning sign
10. This headline from The Independent
11. This gripping piece of writing from The Wicklow People
''Just like an animal waking up from hibernation your garden is also waking up and just like an animal it is waking up hungry.''
12. And this accurate depiction of Ireland during a warm spell
Slowly, but surely, losing the run of ourselves.