You'll Never Beat The Irish Fans – And These Are Our Absolute Favourite Moments So Far
Well, this just keeps getting better and better.
Sure, there are begrudgers who say that we've been slapping ourselves on the back too much – but we don't care. Seeing Irish fans out there do the Green Army proud is something we're just not tiring of.
So here are some of our absolute favourite moments from over the past week – a list that, we suspect, will continue to grow over the coming week.
1. Dancing with the Swedes after seeing off the team buses
2. Hoisting a good-natured Hungarian reporter into their arms – live on air
What a reaction.
3. When they serenaded a nun with... the Our Father
4. When they danced in the streets with the Swedes to the sound of ABBA
5. And when they reminded Sweden that we, too, have spawned our share of pop legends
6. When they gave this builder a hand
7. And when one Irish fan 'braved' the Swedish section in Paris
8. Not forgetting this poor unfortunate who acted the maggot – and got his just rewards
9. When they cleaned up for the Boys in Green
10. And – of course – when they changed this elderly couple's tyre in Paris
11. Sure it's no surprise that they were named the tournament's 'model supporters' by none other than Le Monde...
12. And Channel 4
Keep it up, lads!
The nature of Irish 'Lickarsery' and Harry Styles' sexuality... listen to the latest episode of Before Brunch. Subscribe here