IKEA customer are being told to stop using one of the retailer's most popular kitchen appliances.
The Swedish shopping franchise has recalled one of its hobs as a precautionary measure due to risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
They are asking customers not to use the rapid burner in the upper right corner of any Eldslaga hob bought before January 1 this year.
They say that a human error is the reason for the recall as the wrong gas injector was installed.
The released the following statement on their website:
"IKEA recalls for repair ELDSLÅGA gas hob due to Carbon Monoxide (CO) emission above European Union limit levels.
"As a precautionary measure, IKEA is conducting a recall for repair on all ELDSLÅGA gas hobs purchased before January 1st 2018.
"This action follows an investigation by the Belgian market surveillance authorities.
“To repair this fault, a home visit by a service technician is required. This service is free of charge.
“Due to a human error at the supplier the wrong gas injector was installed resulting in CO emissions above EU limits. Please be aware that there are no elevated risks of fire or explosion. There have been no reported incidents.
“Customers are urged to stop using the rapid burner (hob) placed in the upper right corner as pictured until the repair service has been completed.
“All other burners are safe to use. To repair this fault, we kindly ask customers affected to contact our Customer Service team on (01) 541 3302 to book a time for the repair service.
“A receipt is not required. We will do our outmost to minimise the waiting time.
“The affected products have been sold in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Lithuania, Serbia, Russia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Belgium and France.
“We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.”